Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cool Art: Heather Knight Ceramics

Up until recently, I haven't really been a big Etsy freak. I think it is the site navigation that somehow turns me off. But recently, I stumbled upon the work of Heather Knight at elementclaystudio, and I've been a bit obsessed.


Her work, in mostly unglazed porcelain, pretty much rocks my world. I love the wild, weird, organic shapes and simple (or nonexistent) palette.


I've trolled her site for a month or more now. Today, I woke up, poured some coffee, and bit. The large urchin bowl to be exact. At $65 for handmade porcelain that clearly took hours to build, it is a steal.


It was a hard decision because I am also really loving the fungi micro-sculpture. I may indulge in it yet.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Luba said...

If you enjoy Heather's work ...check out her new solo exhibition at MudFire gallery in Atlanta. It's been posted on-line and can be viewed here:
http://www.mudfire.com/heather-knight-solo-2011.htm

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home