Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Project Update: Landscaping, Sofa Ordering, Window Coating

Busy busy busy.

We're busy little bees.

We're meeting with two design/build companies to design the back courtyard and fence/wall/enclosure. I'll intersperse some photos that inspire me, although they are not exactly what we want.

We've met with Jackie Nadler from Seed Garden Design and we'll meet with Mark Word tomorrow. Both of them are up and coming garden designers who can easily create something that compliments the design of the house.

We decided to go with a landscaper rather than use the original architects because we want someone who will deeply explore and understand the planting possibilities in the design of the space.


In short, we like plant people.


We'll make a final decision on the landscaper tomorrow night, I think.

We also ordered the Bantam Sofa from Design Within Reach.

It should be delivered before Friday. I'll post photos.

And, this morning before work I met with a window film guy about having some UV film applied to one west-facing window and some frost film applied to our front door and just a few other key locations for privacy's sake.

I don't want window coverings, but we do have a few privacy issues we need to address. Frosted window film, which will make the glass look sandblasted and create a safety coating, sounds like the answer. I'll let you know how that goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger LisaBe said...

wow--i love your inspiration photos (surprise). would love to know the sources, so i could explore them some more! thanks for sharing. love your taste!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Lisabe,

I trolled the internet for them! They are from a variety of sites.

I'm not bright enough to keep track of where I get all my inspiration pics!

Scott

6:29 AM  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

Love, love the sofa!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home