Monday, September 04, 2006

Project Update: Art Install

I've surprised myself when it comes to the art installation. Usually, I know well in advance where most of the pieces will hang. It is intuitive.

And, I'm a gay man, so that usually helps a new place get "styled" rather quickly.

With this house, however, it took me two weeks to drive the first nail.


Perhaps subconsciously I didn't want to mar the walls. Or maybe I've put more pressure on myself to make it perfect since I'm publishing the entire process through the blog. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Whatever the reason, I've just now managed to hang most of the art. The guest bedroom floor is still littered with the leftovers:

And, I need to relocate a towel bar in the master bath for a favorite paper piece on a prime wall, but I'm pretty much done with the big art installation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your artwork up. Your house is looking wonderful so far. I've only ever rented, so I usually just haphazardly pound nails in the wall and put everything up. If I don't love it, I rip the nails out and do it again. I'm certain that one day when I buy a place I'll be much more careful about hanging art because the walls will actually be mine-all-mine. What a great feeling that must be!
I was thinking I actually like your composition of "leftover" art on the floor. Maybe there is somewhere in your house that you can install a floating shelf/picture ledge for leftover pieces that you can rotate out whenever you like?

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know why it took so long to hang your art. Because it's ALL your house now, you want it to be just right. And, also, because you know it's yours forever, or as long as you want it, you can take as long as you like to make it just right. Who are you doing it for anyway? It's all about you and what you like to look at.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I really dig your house. I love the style. If I didn't have so much B,S, and Ts in my 75-year-old HP bungalow, I'd go for a metro home.

Another Wfoodie

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all looking completely fabulous.....

but I think you are missing this *ONE* item

http://www.vivre.com/browse/product.jsp?p=P28503

sweet baby jeesuz you *KNOW* it's *ALL* I can do to not buy this, right? *starts an early letter to santa*

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home