Monday, August 21, 2006

Design Decisions: Big Ass Rug.

Looks like for now I can post photos. Neat.

Our main living area is screaming for a rug. My head hurts from all the noise.

In a perfect world, we'd have something along the lines of this rug from West Elm, which is reasonable and would be a nice fluffy contrast to the polished concrete.


However, I'm not going to pretend that with 2 dogs and a big fat black and white cat we should buy something in white.

This design decision could go one of two ways. Either we buy something cheap and trendy and end up switching it out in about a year or we go ahead and buy something of quality that will last.

I'm not willing to go too trendy if the rug is on the upper end of our range. If we go high end, I want something that I'll still love in 5 years.

This one, from Storehouse, is really appealing. I like the sky blue punch.

But is it just me, or does the edge treatment in the photo look a little funny?

Angela Adams is doing some really nice rugs.

They are in the upper echelons of our current house-poor budget. However, there are more than a few of her rugs that would work in our space.

This little number of hers is our current favorite rug.

Yes it is a little trendy. Yes it is a little bit expensive. So maybe we won't bite. But it would look great with our new sofa. The colors are exactly what we were looking for, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should check out Interface Flor. Big sustainability push (when was the last time you heard of a flooring company that was into sustainability?) and it comes in tons of options.

http://www.interfaceflor.com/

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

Love it! I like the raised nature of the one in the bottom picture...but with pets? Hmmm, I'd shy away! Our cat just ripped up our "new" dust ruffle on our bed (to hide my storage space). Gotta love fur-friends! :-)

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home